Monday 31 October 2011

Thing 23: This is the end?

So the end is here at last! In the beginning I said I wanted to think more about my professional development; I’d just begun a secondment as a Liaison Assistant and was keen to develop my knowledge. I think the programme has been a good opportunity to build on the things I already knew and to try out new things, and I think I’ve achieved that. 

So what have I enjoyed and what have I not enjoyed? Everything has been very interesting and motivating, but in particular I’ve found the less technology focussed things more challenging.  Despite this they’ve been a good starting point and have made me think more about what I could do. One of the things I’ve found most helpful was to follow other cpd23-ers on Twitter – it definitely gave me the incentive to keep going!

As for putting together a PDP, I may charter at some point in the future so I would probably do that then as there are other things I’d like to do first. However I don’t feel as if this is really the end as there are some things I want to explore further. Ultimately, the 23 Things programme has made me think about my professional development and I will definitely try to keep blogging - if I have anything to write about after this!

So to sum up: Have learned a lot of new stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment