Wednesday 26 October 2011

Thing 20: The Library Routes Project

For this Thing we’ve been asked to add a link to the Library Routes project and reflect and compare our experiences. I’ve already added my Thing 10 post to the wiki and I’ve had a look at other peoples’ posts. It’s interesting to see the different routes that everyone has taken; some have accidentally fallen into librarianship, while others have known all along it was the career for them. I’m in the former group, but perhaps as someone who has always loved books and using libraries it was inevitable. As an English, Drama, Film and TV graduate I had a vague ambition to do something related to that, but careers advisors don’t tell you how hard and competitive it is. If only I'd known! After a couple of temporary jobs after university, I finally decided that perhaps working in a library was a good idea. If I’d come to this realisation sooner who knows where I’d be now, but I’m happy with the path I’ve taken.


Anyway to cut a long story short, since I completed by MA and started my secondment I’ve become more enthusiastic; even though I said in my Thing 10 post that I didn’t want to do any more training or studying, I am currently considering doing some sort of teaching course or possibly chartering. So who knows what the future holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment