Monday 1 August 2011

Thing 8: Google calendar

Since I’ve begun a new job recently, I’m finding that I have to be more organised than I was, so I thought Thing 8 would be useful. In the past I’ve just used a paper diary, which was a bit useless as I always forgot to check it!  However I’ve had a look Google calendar, and to be honest I can’t really see myself using it. I already use Outlook Calendar to keep myself organised at work and it doesn’t seem to offer anything different. Also, the new team I’m part of all share our Outlook calendars, so we can easily see what everyone is doing.

Google calendar is used in the library to advertise events, and I used it a little for that. However, personally I’m quite happy to stick with my Outlook calendar.

I've only had a brief look at Evernote, so I'll try and post something on that later this week.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting to see everyone's different opinions on Google Calendar. Personally I really like it and find it easy to use, mainly because I have an Android phone so I can access my calendar anywhere. If I couldn't do that, I probably wouldn't bother with Google Calendar either.

    ReplyDelete